• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need help. first time car owner

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

erika9969

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? texas

wasnt sure which category to place this is so i figured lemon law was maybe the closest to my situation??
just recently bought a car off craigslist. big mistake. anyways i bought the car, paid the guy 1300 cash. now im not to familiar with titles but i noticed the name on the title was not the guy that sold me the car. i asked him who the name on the title was and he told me it was his wife. so i was ok with it then. now when i showed my in laws they told me hes suppose to apply for the registration wait 2 weeks then hand it over to me....i called him and asked that he take care of that and he said he has nothing to do with it that i need to contact the lady on the title to take care of it. thats when i found out the name on the title wasnt his wife. he did however provide the number to contact the other lady and she told me that she had sold the car 4 months ago and its not her problem she wants nothing to do with it either. so now im stuck. niether 1 of them want anything to do with the situation and im lost as to what to do next. any help??

swalsh411

Did you contact the DMV? They may have a way of handling it that will allow you to register the car.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">