• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New Car Hail Damage Repaired After Sale Agreed Upon, Tax Question and Fee Disclosure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nwmsu

In the State of Colorado I purchased a new vehicle. Upon signing an agreement I was given a blank waiver to sign regarding hail damage. I informed the dealer I don't sign blank forms. They then informed me that the hood, roof and sides of the vehicle were replaced. It has been weighing on me for moving forward. I did sign the document after the disclosure. I'm worried about future carfax implications when I sell this vehicle, future hail damage implications if it is ever hailed on. In addition, I was told it was Colorado law to collect Missouri sales tax (I reside in Missouri) at point of sale using dealer financing. I was overcharged sales tax by about $1000. I also found a dealer fee on my loan papers that I never saw before. I have requested in writing from the dealer via email and fax a copy of the documents I signed, hail damage documents and the offer sheet where I signed I agreed on an offer that included only the price of the vehicle, tax and finance rate (didn't include the $500 process fee on it). No response as of yet. I appreciate your feedback.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
In the State of Colorado I purchased a new vehicle. Upon signing an agreement I was given a blank waiver to sign regarding hail damage. I informed the dealer I don't sign blank forms. They then informed me that the hood, roof and sides of the vehicle were replaced. It has been weighing on me for moving forward. I did sign the document after the disclosure. I'm worried about future carfax implications when I sell this vehicle, future hail damage implications if it is ever hailed on. In addition, I was told it was Colorado law to collect Missouri sales tax (I reside in Missouri) at point of sale using dealer financing. I was overcharged sales tax by about $1000. I also found a dealer fee on my loan papers that I never saw before. I have requested in writing from the dealer via email and fax a copy of the documents I signed, hail damage documents and the offer sheet where I signed I agreed on an offer that included only the price of the vehicle, tax and finance rate (didn't include the $500 process fee on it). No response as of yet. I appreciate your feedback.
Did you have a question?

nwmsu

Questions:
Am I entitled to the $500 fee for non-disclosure once I receive the the documents I requested?

Does the hail damage of a new car that was then repaired by the dealer prevent future damage from being repaired or impair the future value of the vehicle? It has virtually a post factory body. I've already encountered a sunroof that doesn't fully operate that when I drove off the lot was told, ah get a warranty repair at the dealer in Kansas City. All the electronics are put meticulously in place on the line, once you remove virtually the entire body of the car, am I wrong that wires are exposed during repairs, can be nicked and go faulty then have a lemon vehicle on my hands?

Was the dealer within the law for hail disclosure after the sale was agreed upon?

Was the dealer within the law by collecting more sales tax than required and requiring sales tax collection for a different state?

Am I entitled to those documents I signed that I requested??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">