• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New Car Loud Road Noise - Manufacturer will NOT correct

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Colorado Willie

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

I purchased a new 2013 Hyundai Elantra. The car has excessive road noise. The Hyundai dealership said that there was loud noise but blamed the tires. So the dealership told me that Hyundai authorized a new set of tires be installed. The Noise didnt go away. Now Hyundai wants me to go away and now says the noise is normal, after admitting there was a problem. I paid $25000 plus for the car and Hyundai in so many words said tough - live with it. What can I do? The loud road noise drowns out even conversations between passengers. I have driven the same model car without the noise. Again - What can I do ???? I should not have to live with this.

justalayman

A new 2013? When did you purchase it?

And you say you have drive the exact year and model and
Not had the noise?

Have you spoken with anybody above the dealership level? If so, who and what did they say?

I'm reading some mixed reviews on the Elantra road noise. here's some things I have read:

1) Makes sure the tires pressure is correct and not too high.
2) The tires make more noise if you opted for the larger rim option.
3) Tires make more noise when they are new. I can attest to that. The new tires I just put on my car are pretty noisy.
4) The Elantra is a noisy car due to thin panels and a lack of sound deadening material. You can add sound deadening material to the doors and trunk.

Personally I think it is hard to believe that your car is different from any other new Elantra. They all come off the same line and only options are different (like larger rims). Unless by some fluke you have a bad wheel bearing but I doubt that.

Nowadays $25,000 doesn't buy you much luxury and silence is a luxury.

quincy

Here is a link to the Colorado site which provides access to Colorado's Lemon Law:
http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite/Rev-Enforcement/RE/1214213334119

The Lemon Law covers new vehicles under warranty after several attempts (4 or more) have been made to correct the same vehicle defect. What is not covered are rattles or squeaks.

It does not appear, especially with what sprocket454 has written, that your car is covered under the law (at least from what you have posted so far).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">