• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non-Existent Options

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dviolette

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? RI

I recently purchased a vehicle, and similar to another posting I read on the website, some of the stated options do not exist. In particular, there is no security system installed, although the ad (still up on their website) clearly states that this is an installed option. I reviewed the sales contract, and while the specific options are not listed, the contract is also not an as-is contract. It stipulates 30 days or 1000 mile warranty, as stipulated by law for used cars in RI under 45k miles. I had a mechanical inspection done on the vehicle, however I wasn't haven't them check for options that were installed. Do I have any recourse.

swalsh411

Internet used car ads are notorious for being unreliable and one should never assume they are accurate in every single detail. If the sales contract said you had this feature that would be one thing, but it doesn't so I don't see you having any recourse.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">