• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not sure if I have a claim??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ramjet430

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California.

I bought a car from an independent dealer in April. The warranty was 3,000 miles or 3 months. Had a minor problem during this time and it was fixed.

On 8/20, my brakes failed. I took it to a repair shop (not the dealer, too far away) and they found that all the brakes were gone. In addition, 3 of the 4 major bolts were stipped and one part was being held by duct tape. I received an estimate and it is a little over $800.00. I had my car towed to another shop and the estimate was the same.

My question is:

Does the dealer have to perform an inspection on the car (including the brakes) prior to selling it? Obviously they didn't.

Do I have a case against the dealer?

Thank you.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California.

I bought a car from an independent dealer in April. The warranty was 3,000 miles or 3 months. Had a minor problem during this time and it was fixed.

On 8/20, my brakes failed. I took it to a repair shop (not the dealer, too far away) and they found that all the brakes were gone. In addition, 3 of the 4 major bolts were stipped and one part was being held by duct tape. I received an estimate and it is a little over $800.00. I had my car towed to another shop and the estimate was the same.

My question is:

Does the dealer have to perform an inspection on the car (including the brakes) prior to selling it? Obviously they didn't.

Do I have a case against the dealer?

Thank you.
The latest date your warranty was applicable was 7/31/10. Enjoy your car.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">