• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Owner decided not to provide a title.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ridealone

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kansas.

I was in a two year relationship, when we purchased a truck together. We have seperated and when we did she said take the truck, i agreed to take it, making it a verbal contract. She proceeded to put my suit case in the truck and handed me the key. i felt i was kicked out at late night and she had the title in hand, i knew nothing about Kansas titles and didn't know where she was suppose to sign it. she now states she's not going to provide me the title after i drove the truck 1300 miles to my residence in NC. Her comment was " i lost the title/ the dog ate it/ your not getting the title part it out i don't care what you do with the truck" I'm at a loss here what do to. She is active duty military as a CMSgt. She treatened to call the truck in as stolen.

Details: Truck orginal paperwork was signed by me. She went and had the title put in her name solely without my knowledge. I paid for repairs and towing on the truck when it had to go to the garage and carried the insurance on it until i found out she had titled it solely in her name.
When we purhased the truck we split the cost.

eerelations

There's no way she could legally put the truck in her name without your agreement, ergo the truck is not in her name, it's still legally in your name. It's your truck and she can't do anything about that. Period.

Ridealone

There's no way she could legally put the truck in her name without your agreement, ergo the truck is not in her name, it's still legally in your name. It's your truck and she can't do anything about that. Period.
This is where the problem lies. They titled it soley in her name and now she doesn't want to give up the title.

eerelations

"They" can't have titled it in her name without your permission. If you didn't give permission, it's not legally in her name. Ergo it's still your vehicle. Period!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">