• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PA lemon law?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dgingrich

What is the name of your state? PA Hi all. Here's the background: Bought used car (2000 Dodge, paid cash) 6 weeks ago. Have had it back in shop 4x in 4 weeks. Dealer has been trying to make good w/vehicle (not charged me anything for any of the repairs) Now vehicle is back at dealer again. Will cost too much to repair and manager wants to just give me another vehicle (I agree) The vehicle he wants me to take w/cost me approx. another $500 if I want it. Mgr. let me take 2nd vehicle to drive for a few days before I make my decision. I had a mechanic check it out. Everything checks o.k. My mechanic told me that under PA's lemon law, the dealer must buy back my vehicle that I purchased 6 weeks ago, or give me a vehicle even up. Is this true? I checked Kelly Blue Book on both vehicles and they are within $200 of each other retail. I believe the mgr. wants me to pay tax/title on replacement also, even though I just paid close to $500 tax/title for the original car. What's a girl to do?

dgingrich

Anybody have any idea? I was told by someone else that because the car is a 2000, that it's not covered by the lemon law. Is this true? Also, it is still covered under the dealer 3 month/3000 mile warranty, but of course this last thing they are saying is wrong just happens to not be covered to the tune of 1500.00. I just want to know if they have to buy back my car from me, and if it is covered under PA's lemon law. Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">