• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help - Advise

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jferris21

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Michigan
I have 2 problems:

1: I purchased a new truck 2 days ago (in Michigan), and the dealer delivered the car to my house in the evening and the truck had nearly 400 miles on it. The dealership is only 50 miles from my house. They said that the reason for the extra milage was that the truck may have been used by others for "test drives"

My second problem is that the vehicle is BLACK in clolr and when it was delivered to me (in the evening hours - 7:00 pm) the paint looked fine. Two days later it was really sunny outside and when the car was in the sun, we noticed SEVERAL scratches and Swirl marks throughout the Truck. It seems as though the dealer buffed the truck to try to remove the scratches. The car looks good in the shade but terrible in the sun.

My question is "Do you think I can return the truck? And should I stop payment on the $28,000 check I wrote?

racer72

Lemon laws do not cover the problems you have with the truck. You have to bear a big part of the problem for not inspecting the vehicle yourself prior to buying it. And you must give the dealer a chance to fix any problems before you could use lemon laws anyway. You need to contact the dealer about the paint. FYI, lemon law generally apply to drivability and safety problems.

BlondeIntel

Where to start

racer72 said:
You need to contact the dealer about the paint. FYI, lemon law generally apply to drivability and safety problems.
First, call the salesman that you were working with. If you're not satisfied with the result, talk to the sales manager. If that fails, try to talk to the owner or general manager of the dealership. If you don't get anywhere with the dealership, call the manufacturer's customer service department.

Last edited:

BlondeIntel

Keep notes

I also recommend that the OP keep a journal of his contacts and their actions in case he needs a lawyer later.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">