• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Private Owner Purchase Cant Get Title

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SHELLEYTILE

[FONT=Hi my name is Shelley Delgado and I recently purchased a car for my son and not only did it break down on my way home and the transmission went out the next day but I found the person I got the car from , private owner, lied on ebay about the miles ,he put 77,000 miles and it was 177000 and some of the components in the car, he said cd player and a/c and it has neither, and it
didn't run excellent but he gave me a bill of sale and it has been almost 5 months and I still have not received a title , but I recently found out that at the point of sale he was in a bankruptcy and the title was not clear because of that,yet I gave him cash,and all I have is a bill of sale and a car that can't be put in my name. What can I do not only is the car uninsurable and tagable in , or in my name but it don't run without breaking down and I can understand that he screwed me and that is my problem but I can't even try to fix or sell it because we have no title, I'm lost please help me.
thanks ,
Arial]ARIZONA[/FONT] :confused: What is the name of your state?

Last edited:

JETX

SHELLEYTILE said:
Hi my name is Shelley Delgado and I recently purchased a car for my son and not only did it break down on my way home and the transmission went out the next day but I found the person I got the car from , private owner, lied on ebay about the miles ,he put 77,000 miles and it was 177000 and some of the components in the car, he said cd player and a/c and it has neither, and it
didn't run excellent but he gave me a bill of sale and it has been almost 5 months and I still have not received a title , but I recently found out that at the point of sale he was in a bankruptcy and the title was not clear because of that,yet I gave him cash,and all I have is a bill of sale and a car that can't be put in my name. What can I do not only is the car uninsurable and tagable in , or in my name but it don't run without breaking down and I can understand that he screwed me and that is my problem but I can't even try to fix or sell it because we have no title, I'm lost please help me.
The car is yours. Contact your state DMV about getting a duplicate or replacement title.

SHELLEYTILE

:mad: THERE IS A LEIN ON THE CAR SO I CAN NOT OBTAIN A TITLE.HE NEVER TOLD ME HE WAS IN A BANKRUPTCY JUST THAT IT HAD OUT OF STATE PLATES AND IT WAS ON ITS WAY IN THE MAIL , GAVE ME A BILL OF SALE BUT NO TITLE.ITS BEEN 5 MONTHS AND THE TITLE IS NOT CLEAR ,CAN HE BE MADE TO GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK????

JETX

SHELLEYTILE said:
:mad: THERE IS A LEIN ON THE CAR SO I CAN NOT OBTAIN A TITLE.HE NEVER TOLD ME HE WAS IN A BANKRUPTCY JUST THAT IT HAD OUT OF STATE PLATES AND IT WAS ON ITS WAY IN THE MAIL , GAVE ME A BILL OF SALE BUT NO TITLE.ITS BEEN 5 MONTHS AND THE TITLE IS NOT CLEAR ,CAN HE BE MADE TO GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK????
DON'T SHOUT!!

a "lien" deal

Arizona law requires a seller to transfer the title to the new owner at time of delivery The title must be obtained from the lienholder before vehicle delivery. I am still investigating how this might be affected by its out of state status (if true). You might review Arizona revised statutes 28-2034 and 28-2136, which refer to lien issues, to see if they apply. There are also federal laws regarding odometer statements. See Arizona revised law 28-2058 (they are GENERALLY required, and obviously cannot be false)

Last edited:

SHELLEYTILE

Sold A Car To Me Invovled In A Bankruptcy-bill Of Sale No Title

:confused: ARIZONA SALE WASHINGTON PLATES
Do I have any rights -he sold me the car on ebay and lied about the miles by 100,000 miles he didnt add the 100000 just the 77000 and on ebay it said clear title and although it had washington plates when I went to pick up the car I gave him cash and after signing the bill of sale first, he then told me the title was in the mail from washington and he'd call as soon as it got here, well its benn 5 months so I started checking into it and found out that at the time of purchase he was involved in a bankruptcy and the was involved so they would not release the title and there was a title loan on the car also_On ebay he also said it ran great had a/c and a cd player and it has neither, I am embarrassed on my part for not being more knowledgable but I am a single
mom trying to buy a car for my son and he totally took advantage of that.Do I have any rights? What can I do? He sent me several emails saying he'll give my money back but he just keeps saying that and nothing happens.I told him money or the title and he has yet to do either.And just to top it off on the way home from his house the tranny slipping and we had to replace all cooling system components due to overheating including the whole radiator was cracked.Please Help! Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">