• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Problems After Lemon Law Settlement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

briasmit91

Hi everybody! I'm new to this site, hopefully somebody can help me with my issue.
I currently live in Iowa, but my 2012 Dodge Avenger is registered in Illinois. I've filed for the lemon law two years ago and received a settlement from Chrysler. I've had every single problem you can think of with this vehicle. I've had TIPM issues, electrical issues, just a complete nightmare. Ever since then, the car has ran perfectly until last month. I was hearing a noise when I accelerated, it turned out that a bearing was bad inside of my transmission. Fast forward to last week, I was driving home on a highway, doing the speed limit of 70mph, when the CAR SHUT OFF! This left me with no power steering, and who knows if the air bags were getting power. Since I'm still under my powertrain warranty (I have about 400 miles left of it), I contacted Chrysler after limping the car home. I explained my issue and they immediately set me up with a case manager. The case manager called me back the next day and explained to me that I have to pay $200 to get the car towed to the dealership because they only cover a certain amount of mileage for a tow. She told me to drive it back to the dealership. When I get to the dealership, they're telling me that I have to pay for diagnostics and if they can't find any issues, I'm SOL unless I can replicate it. I'm not sure what triggers the problem, but it doesn't happen on every trip with the car. I've called the attorney that I filed the lemon law through and he said I can't file lemon law again after the settlement. I feel that Chrysler is throwing me under the bus since my warranty is about to expire. Is there anything i can do? Do I have any rights about this? There should be no reason why I should be petrified to drive my own car. Thanks!

LdiJ

Hi everybody! I'm new to this site, hopefully somebody can help me with my issue.
I currently live in Iowa, but my 2012 Dodge Avenger is registered in Illinois. I've filed for the lemon law two years ago and received a settlement from Chrysler. I've had every single problem you can think of with this vehicle. I've had TIPM issues, electrical issues, just a complete nightmare. Ever since then, the car has ran perfectly until last month. I was hearing a noise when I accelerated, it turned out that a bearing was bad inside of my transmission. Fast forward to last week, I was driving home on a highway, doing the speed limit of 70mph, when the CAR SHUT OFF! This left me with no power steering, and who knows if the air bags were getting power. Since I'm still under my powertrain warranty (I have about 400 miles left of it), I contacted Chrysler after limping the car home. I explained my issue and they immediately set me up with a case manager. The case manager called me back the next day and explained to me that I have to pay $200 to get the car towed to the dealership because they only cover a certain amount of mileage for a tow. She told me to drive it back to the dealership. When I get to the dealership, they're telling me that I have to pay for diagnostics and if they can't find any issues, I'm SOL unless I can replicate it. I'm not sure what triggers the problem, but it doesn't happen on every trip with the car. I've called the attorney that I filed the lemon law through and he said I can't file lemon law again after the settlement. I feel that Chrysler is throwing me under the bus since my warranty is about to expire. Is there anything i can do? Do I have any rights about this? There should be no reason why I should be petrified to drive my own car. Thanks!
The Lemon law settlement was intended to cover you for all issues regarding the car under the lemon laws. You do not get to get Chrysler to cover things twice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">