• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

puppy lemon law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

maghig26

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? new jersey
Daughter purchased sick puppy in Feb. Vet gave her unfit for sale certiicate. When she took puppy 5 days later. Puppy had kennel cough that then turned into pnemonia. Vet bill totaled $400.00 .She never notified pet store, she is 18 and didn't know about puppy lemon law. Is it too late for her to to anything?
Thank you in advance for help

quincy

I am afraid your daughter waited too long to take advantage of the Pet Purchase Protection Act.

Under New Jersey's Pet Purchase Protection Act, Title 56, Chapter 8, Sections 92 to 97, a purchaser of a pet has 14 days after the purchase to notify the seller of the pet of the animal's illness, and consult with a veterinarian. The veterinarian then has seven days to examine the animal and complete a certificate of unfitness, which he sends to the consumer. This certificate of unfitness must be delivered to the pet seller five days after receipt from the veterinarian.

If the pet had become sick due to a congenital or hereditary defect, then the purchaser has 180 days to see the vet, get the certificate and present the certificate to the seller.

Had your daughter followed through with the pet seller after consulting with the veterinarian, she could have had a replacement pet or a full refund of the purchase price of the pet, plus full reimbursement for all veterinarian fees.

I hope the puppy has recovered.

quincy

Kudos, pmorrison!

I see that you have finally found a way not to post any more nonsense - you locate an older post that has good and accurate advice already given, and then you PARROT IT!

Absolute genius! Good job!! Way to go!!! :p

Just Blue

Kudos, pmorrison!

I see that you have finally found a way not to post any more nonsense - you locate an older post that has good and accurate advice already given, and then you PARROT IT!

Absolute genius! Good job!! Way to go!!! :p
:p:p:p:p:p

Antigone*

Please tell me that you didn't once say the very same thing to a young JetX. :eek: ;) :D
She'd be lying if she did:p.

It makes me laugh because I have a soft spot for the ultra right-winged JETX. I have no clue why because the first time I responded to a post, he told me I was an idiot:eek:.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">