• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

purchased a lemon out of desperation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

david h.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
I bought a used car today and everything seemed fine I got home and the vehicle began it's problems.
1. one of the windows will not roll either direction.
2. one of the door handle will not work now.
3. was going to get it inspected and the gentleman said he will have to repair it 1st.???
the window and doors all worked at the dealers lot now not 3 hours later here I am.
Do I have a leg to stand on when I take this car back??

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
I bought a used car today and everything seemed fine I got home and the vehicle began it's problems.
1. one of the windows will not roll either direction.
2. one of the door handle will not work now.
3. was going to get it inspected and the gentleman said he will have to repair it 1st.???
the window and doors all worked at the dealers lot now not 3 hours later here I am.
Do I have a leg to stand on when I take this car back??
You have no case.

swalsh411

Is it the same door that is having problems? Something probably just came loose behind the door panel. It shouldn't be that hard to fix. These are not complicated mechanisms here.

Mass_Shyster

I can't find anywhere that states the doors and windows must operate before the vehicle is inspected. I suspect the gentleman is trying to make his boat payment at your expense.

HOWEVER, if the safety inspection actually requires the door and window to operate, you can try to argue that you were sold an unsafe vehicle (by Texas safety standards).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">