• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Recalled vehicle/loaner or rental

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

heidi459

Kentucky
I purchased a vehicle that broke down last night. The dealership is going to repair it because it was a manufacturer recall and was sold to me this way. Is the dealer required to loan me a car during repair or reimburse me for a rental under a Lemon Law and if so,where would I find said law to print to take to dealer? Thanks!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Kentucky
I purchased a vehicle that broke down last night. The dealership is going to repair it because it was a manufacturer recall and was sold to me this way. Is the dealer required to loan me a car during repair or reimburse me for a rental under a Lemon Law and if so,where would I find said law to print to take to dealer? Thanks!
Was this purchased as a used car?

heidi459

It was. I'm pleased that the dealer is prepared to repair at no cost but having to pay for a replacement while repairs are being make doesn't seem right. The recall wasn't my fault and should have been caught during the inspection.

swalsh411

How do you know they inspected the car? Do you think all used car dealers perform a detailed check on every car they sell? If anything it's in their interest NOT to because then they can truthfully claim they were not aware of the problem. Furthermore it's very easy to pull up a list of all the recalls on a specific make in model and then have the dealer certify in writing prior to buying the car that all the repairs have been done. If they are unwilling to do so, either understand that they are not certifying these repairs have been done, or walk away.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">