• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

RV Lemon? Does this qualify?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mfath

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Vermont
I live in Vermont, bought a new RV in Ohio, Manufactured in Indiana. We purchased a new 2014 RV. Which immediately took on water due to window seals leaking and slide out seals improperly installed. RV was returned to the Manufacturer for repairs, as well as a list of nearly 60 items we found having problems. Manufacturer refuses to replace flooring that they stated the floor did show water staining. They stated they dried it out. Water damage will show a few years later which is outside the warranty period. What do we do? BTW tried to return vehicle to the dealership they refused. Got the OH BBB involved they said they used up all their options. Tried the OH Attorney General, they won't return my calls or e-mails. Started an Indiana claim with the Attorney General, they no longer respond either. We still have 20 items that the manufacturer has not completed, and the RV is now back in my yard with and continues to fall apart. We cannot get the manufacturer to respond anymore. The transport company did damage to the RV, there was some type of electrical malfunction during transport back to VT from IN that burnt the outer skin to the RV. We just want our money back, and to be rid of this headache. The manufacturer had it for 64 days doing repairs. We have not been able to use it yet. Any advice? Please!:confused:

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Vermont
I live in Vermont, bought a new RV in Ohio, Manufactured in Indiana. We purchased a new 2014 RV. Which immediately took on water due to window seals leaking and slide out seals improperly installed. RV was returned to the Manufacturer for repairs, as well as a list of nearly 60 items we found having problems. Manufacturer refuses to replace flooring that they stated the floor did show water staining. They stated they dried it out. Water damage will show a few years later which is outside the warranty period. What do we do? BTW tried to return vehicle to the dealership they refused. Got the OH BBB involved they said they used up all their options. Tried the OH Attorney General, they won't return my calls or e-mails. Started an Indiana claim with the Attorney General, they no longer respond either. We still have 20 items that the manufacturer has not completed, and the RV is now back in my yard with and continues to fall apart. We cannot get the manufacturer to respond anymore. The transport company did damage to the RV, there was some type of electrical malfunction during transport back to VT from IN that burnt the outer skin to the RV. We just want our money back, and to be rid of this headache. The manufacturer had it for 64 days doing repairs. We have not been able to use it yet. Any advice? Please!:confused:
I would suggest that you start out by contacting a lemon-law attorney in Ohio, as that is where the purchase occurred. They will be able to better advise you about the applicability of the lemon law to your purchase. I will say, however, that a brief search on Google seems to indicate that your RV is NOT covered by the lemon law.

mfath

I would suggest that you start out by contacting a lemon-law attorney in Ohio, as that is where the purchase occurred. They will be able to better advise you about the applicability of the lemon law to your purchase. I will say, however, that a brief search on Google seems to indicate that your RV is NOT covered by the lemon law.
I have already searched the web and spoken with Attorney General's aids.... There is the US Code 15. Which this falls under because the warranty clearly states repair or replacement, they did neither. My next question was going to be, can we use the RV if we go that route?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I have already searched the web and spoken with Attorney General's aids.... There is the US Code 15. Which this falls under because the warranty clearly states repair or replacement, they did neither. My next question was going to be, can we use the RV if we go that route?
When you have followed my advice, you'll have a much more clear understanding of your position.

Dave1952

The Attorney General and his aides mostly handle criminal matters. I doubt that they will lift a finger to help you. As Zigner has already suggested you need to hire a lawyer in Ohio to advocate for your position.
The RV dealer is unlikely to be at fault for the fire damage. The transport company should have insurance for that. You need to submit a claim in a timely fashion.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">