• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

as-is sale

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kla

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts
I recently sold my used travel trailer as-is.
The buyer from Maine viewed and toured it before making an offer.
He is now saying I did not disclose all damage and he must make repairs.
He said he wants some of his money back because I must have know about this problem.
He had a repairman look at it and said he will tesify I must have been aware of this problem.
I told him I disclosed damage I was aware of.
Where do each of us stand in this?

Antigone*

He said he wants some of his money back because I must have know about this problem.
He had a repairman look at it and said he will tesify I must have been aware of this problem.
Tell him to enjoy his new trailer;)

sandyclaus

Simple. The buyer from Maine had the opportunity to have the trailer inspected by someone who knew what to look for in the way of damages, and to negotiate the price accordingly. The fact that they did not inspect it properly, or have someone knowledgeable with them when they did, means that they purchased it AS IS, exactly as they found it. If the damages were that severe and obvious, they should have found them on their initial look-over and tour.

You didn't promise them a perfect trailer did you? Didn't give them any guarantee or warranty of fitness in writing? Unless you did so, I can't see them winning any kind of judgment against you. I'm sure their repairman will testify to anything they are asked to because they want to get paid for the repairs they did to the trailer, and the new owner is refusing to pay and trying to tell them that you will pay.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">