• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SC car 12 months...but over lemon law mileage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Sharalyn27

What is the name of your state? South Carolina

I bought a 2003 kia spectra brand new exactly 12 months ago. I put 18,900 miles on it when the timing belt slipped and caused a whole lot of damage. It will be in the shop for 30 days next week, but I read that the SC lemon law only covers a vehicle with 12,000 miles or 12 months old, whichever comes first. They tell me they can't figure out what is wrong with it. I am frustrated and was wondering if the lemon laws have in the past...or can now be stretched to include my vehicle.

racer72

Is the car still under warranty? If so, you must give the dealer a chance to repair the vehicle first before you can evoke any lemon laws. And no, they don't and won't stretch and time or mileage limits for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">