• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sold Car - Incorrect Mileage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

halfceo

What is the name of your state? IL

I have a dealers licence - sold car as is, where is... Let (out of state) buyer take car to mechanic, the whole 9 yards, prior to buyer purchasing - they buyer bought... signed all legal paperwork, mileage knowledge statement, everything...

2 months later - she wants money back because she ran a carfar report that states the mileage on car was wrong... The car is a 1992 camry. I bought car from public auction, with mileage unknown (not required over 10 years)... Now, that I know this information (which I still dont beleive), am i suppose to give her, her money back? I sold (in the hundreds) of cars and never had this problem, ever.. I buy them at auctions, a mechanic checks them out and then I sell them as is - where is, as is, as stated on advertisement and on bill of sale...

My Questions:
Now that I know this information (true or not true) am I required by law to refund her money, even though the transaction took place 2 month's ago, and all legal paperwork was signed?

racer72

Tell her to pack sand. That is something she should have checked prior to purchase. You have the law on your side anyway.

CraigFL

As long as you(or the title) in no way guaranteed the mileage on the odometer was correct, you are in the clear.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">