• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sold an lemon

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jjohnson25

Florida

I brought this used 2001 ford escape which came with a limited warranty I brought the car on Saturday, On monday had the car checked out. It turns out the car had an blown head gasket. I then took it back to the dealership they stated they would fix it. Three days later the car was fix ( so they stated) but the car still was doing the same thing. Finally I took it back to the car dealership this time they stated the mechanic did not understand the problem but they will fix it again. It has been 5 days without an car and counting and when I call to check on the status they say the car will be ready on this day and then that day. My job depends on me having a car. Also keep in mind I'm still making payments what can I do. I don 't know my rights.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

JETX

what can I do.
The only thing you can do is to allow them 'sufficient time' to make the repairs under the warranty. If they fail to comply with the warranty provided, you can sue them for breach of contract.
I would send them a WRITTEN request for a scheduled 'repair' date. Then, if they fail, contact them again and threaten to remove the vehicle and have the repairs completed elsewhere at their cost.

Get EVERYTHING in WRITING!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">