• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sold my used car - now buyer is claiming that they want me to pay for repairs.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Proseguru

The OP can either a) answer the communication or b) ignore it

if (and that's an unknown if the buyer is willing to pay a lawyer to handle the case or is able to go pro se) the OP gets sued then the OP's father or defendants go to court and defend their case...maybe they win, maybe not. Small claims can be a crap shoot .. the plaintiff will say they knew and hid the defects, the defendant will say no way. Judge will decide who is most right. The OP does not state the nature of the repairs .. some may be of such a nature it would almost be impossible to plead one did not know the issues were there (and the plaintiff may claim that they asked about each of the issues prior to purchase and were told the car had none of these issues).

So its not a slam dunk not guilty ... the OP/father may end end losing or they may win and owe nothing.

I've seen plenty of strange results of small claims trials.

Its up to the OP which route to take.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">