• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Taken advantage of...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NEEDYinAZ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ARIZONA, PIMA COUNTY

My wife and i recently bought a vehicle with our tax return. We just went to the mvd today and found out that the vehicle has a lien against it from the previous owner. When we bought it the title was open so I thought the vehicle was cleared for sale. I didn't get a bill of sale. I should have, but it slipped my mind. (finally getting a truck big enough for my wife and two kids) My wife did a whole bunch of calling around to try and figure this out and was transferred back and forth all over for hours only to find out that the only way to get rid of this lien is to pay off whatever this person owed in child support. I honestly think the guy that sold it to us left town or went to Mexico with the money we paid for it. I know i messed up but what I need to know is how to fix this. Is there anyone I could talk to who handles these types of child support enforcement that might lend a caring ear? Is there anything i can do AT ALL? If anyone can help I would be very grateful. -ShawnWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">