• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Traded cars on craigslist! Now have issues!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tatdaddy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OHIO
I found a post on craigslist for a car, that someone wanted to trade. We agrred to meet somewhere. We met. We looked at the cars, and disclosed all information about the cars. When I drove the car home, I realized that there were more issues with the car that the other person stated. I called the person back, I told them I was not happy with the car, and that there were more issues with the car than they stated, and I felt that these things were held back by the other party. When I said that I wanted my car back, they told me the were reselling my car, and that someone test drove it and broke it. They agreed to a trade back, but refused to fix what they broke, or the "test driver" broke. I did nothing to thier car, but drove it home and to the mechanic. I refused the trade back, as I was not getting my car back in the condition I gave it to them in. What if anything can I do? Am I stuck with a lemon? What options do I have if any?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">