• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

used car warranty?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

breezeplace

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?New York
Our son bought his first car which is a used car with 120,000 miles on it last week from a private dealer. He owned it for 6 days and put a grand total of 40 miles on it when the radiator started to leak and it had to be replaced at a cost of $170. Can he ask the dealer to pay for the cost of this? We do have a receipt for the purchase and it doesn't state anywhere on it that he purchased the car "as is". Thank you.

You Are Guilty

breezeplace said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?New York
Our son bought his first car which is a used car with 120,000 miles on it last week from a private dealer. He owned it for 6 days and put a grand total of 40 miles on it when the radiator started to leak and it had to be replaced at a cost of $170. Can he ask the dealer to pay for the cost of this? We do have a receipt for the purchase and it doesn't state anywhere on it that he purchased the car "as is". Thank you.
Its an as-is sale. That doesn't mean there's anything preventing you from asking the dealer to take care of the repairs, they may not agree to pay for it all, but even partial payment is better than none. Given that a radiator that close to breaking is relatively easy to detect, that leads me to say you didn't have the car checked by a mechanic prior to purchase, right?

B

breezeplace

I had to chuckle at that one. It's either chuckle or scream because I told my hubby that we should run it over to our mechanic for a quick check. When are men ever going to learn to listen! Oh well...thanks so much for the reply. It's appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">