• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

used products sold as new

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Flojotoo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois
I brought a mattress set that was sold as new, but in fact was secondhand (used). I had a bad allergic reaction and had to go to the emergency room on Friday, June 18, 2010. I want my money back and the store owner to pick up the used mattress set. What can I do? I have pictures with my rash and I am in fact still broke out and itching.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois
I brought a mattress set that was sold as new, but in fact was secondhand (used). I had a bad allergic reaction and had to go to the emergency room on Friday, June 18, 2010. I want my money back and the store owner to pick up the used mattress set. What can I do? I have pictures with my rash and I am in fact still broke out and itching.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
First of all, please stop creating new threads.

If the business owner does not want to comply with your request, sue the bad guy in court.

Why did you take the used mattress? Or are you presuming it's used because you had a reaction? Sometime people are allergic to different materials.

Mr.X

How can you 'prove' that it was used and sold as new? Can a doctors note definitely say you were allergic to something that was from a result of it being "used" why you reacted? Was it a display model?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">