• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Used vehicle from a dealer in vermont

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Shanedaz

So I bought a 2007 jeep grand Cherokee used from a dealer. The night I was supposed to take it home it wouldn't start. Everything turned on but it just wouldn't turn over. It was late I almost walked away (yes I now know I should have) but the dealership was very atiment that they NEVER had any issues with this vehicle and convinced me to take something else home so they could look at in the am. We agreed and the next day they said it started right up no problems must have been a fluke thing. They did say if it happened again they would get it there and take care of it. They seemed very sincere in the fact they would take care of it and we were all puzzled as to why it wouldn't start. So I bought it. THREE days after buying it the check engine light came on with an evap code. I called frustrated to already have an issue but they were very quick to make an appointment with the local jeep dealer down the road to get it looked at. Okay that's cool at least they are taking care of it. Well the jeep dealer had it a few days and smoke tested it an said they could find no issue. Reset the light and gave it back. Week later same thing. Same results week later same thing AND it wouldn't start again! Went back in to the local jeep dealer they changed an evap component an said it would fix the transmission issue as well as the evap issue. Well it's been a week and a half and the check engine light is back on with the same evap code. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! Do I have any legal recourse I can take? I mean they are trying to fix it, but I've driven a loaner almost as much as I've driven my new (used) vehicle! This is driving me nuts! It's supposed to go back in Monday of next week. Is there ANYTHING I can do as its a used vehicle?

Shanedaz

I have the 90 day 3000 mile warranty along with in writing that if the transmission issue happens again it will be taken care of at the dealers expence. As far as the Evap issue as it happened 3 days after I purchased the vehicle, this issue is not in writing however expressed verbally not only to myself, my wife, but also the other dealership that has been "trying" to fix it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">