• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What can i do?? Do I have any rights???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

irshad84

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

I contacted a person on craigslist for a automobile lease transfer. I made an application to Nissan for a lease transfer. My application was approved by Nissan after 4 weeks of wait. Now the person is asking me to wait 1-1.5 months to do the transfer. He is having some personal hardships. What can I do in this case?? I was ripped off in this case by the person and I do not have any rights as such. Nissan cannot help me. Legally the car is still in the name of the first person. I lost 265.88$ and around 4 weeks of my time.
What can i do??

He says, he will return me 100-130$ back. But i do not trust this person anymore.
I got beat without any mistake of mine.:(:(:(:(:(:(

Any advice on this matter will be greatly appreciated..

--
Irshad.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
If the transaction doesn't happen because of the other party, then sue the other party in small claims court.

Nancy Lopez

Right to Sue

You can sue him for penalty which you have suffer due to his negligence,for more advice you can also consult with any legal adviser.

srk1217

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

I contacted a person on craigslist for a automobile lease transfer. I made an application to Nissan for a lease transfer. My application was approved by Nissan after 4 weeks of wait. Now the person is asking me to wait 1-1.5 months to do the transfer. He is having some personal hardships. What can I do in this case?? I was ripped off in this case by the person and I do not have any rights as such. Nissan cannot help me. Legally the car is still in the name of the first person. I lost 265.88$ and around 4 weeks of my time.
What can i do??

He says, he will return me 100-130$ back. But i do not trust this person anymore.
I got beat without any mistake of mine.:(:(:(:(:(:(

Any advice on this matter will be greatly appreciated..

--
Irshad.
The person does not have that money, Nissan does. The person cost you that money. You have a small claims case against that person if you want to bring it OR you can wait it out and maybe they will indeed transfer the lease to you?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">