• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What lawyer or Attorney should i have to approach !

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rockyyy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Columbus Ohio

I am on F1-visa , Last year when I went to HR block to file my tax return .
I paid 275 .00 $ . Till now I have not got my tax return it is almost Seven months.
I contacted Several times the call center and concern office asking why my tax return haven't got returned ???
There is no response or what so ever till date.
Also several phone calls finally they came back answering me that they are going to
file a different form now ?? I Belive they had filed a wrong form last year 2011.

I want to take legal action and I am looking for a tax return like 3800.00 $ .
Is it possible to take legal action against HR Block for not responding it quickly and screwing up my tax return .

Please let me know what kind of lawyer i should look for ?? if so is there any good lawyer inside Columbus Ohio

Mass_Shyster

You will not be able to collect $3800, you may be able to collect $275.

You need to find a lawyer who will handle the case for you for less than $275.

Good Luck.

Antigone*

You will not be able to collect $3800, you may be able to collect $275.

You need to find a lawyer who will handle the case for you for less than $275.

Good Luck.
Steve,

This FAVI member is your first potential client. Check his posting history;).

However, if you don't fail the BAR, you don't have to worry about taking his $275.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Columbus Ohio

I am on F1-visa , Last year when I went to HR block to file my tax return .
I paid 275 .00 $ . Till now I have not got my tax return it is almost Seven months.
I contacted Several times the call center and concern office asking why my tax return haven't got returned ???
There is no response or what so ever till date.
Also several phone calls finally they came back answering me that they are going to
file a different form now ?? I Belive they had filed a wrong form last year 2011.

I want to take legal action and I am looking for a tax return like 3800.00 $ .
Is it possible to take legal action against HR Block for not responding it quickly and screwing up my tax return .

Please let me know what kind of lawyer i should look for ?? if so is there any good lawyer inside Columbus Ohio
First:

Tax Return = The document sent to the IRS calculating your taxes.
Tax Refund = Money you get back from the IRS.

There can be any of a many number of reasons for there to be a delay in you receiving an expected tax refund. Most of them would NOT be the fault of the tax preparer. Some of them could be the fault of the tax preparer.

There are many steps that you need to take before considering getting an attorney involved. The first step would be to call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 and ask them about the status of your 2011 tax refund.

Last edited:

Rockyyy

I am honor student in My Master , Hence I end up having a job .
I can work here for 2 years.

Well now the situtation is totally changed folks.

They finally agreeded that they have filed a wrong form ( i mean instead of 1040 form they have submitted 1040nr )
Still haven't got any response from them regarding my compensation .

Rockyyy

First:

Tax Return = The document sent to the IRS calculating your taxes.
Tax Refund = Money you get back from the IRS.

There can be any of a many number of reasons for there to be a delay in you receiving an expected tax refund. Most of them would NOT be the fault of the tax preparer. Some of them could be the fault of the tax preparer.

There are many steps that you need to take before considering getting an attorney involved. The first step would be to call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 and ask them about the status of your 2011 tax refund.
I already did ,they asked me to contact my tax consultant .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">