• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong Carfax report fraud?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hamhawk714

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Ca.Yesterday a friend of mine purchased a used car.When she got home she realized the carfax report furnished by the dealership was for a pickup not the suv she bought.She was led to believe the suv was a 2000 per thecarfax report, when actually it was a 1999.In short she wants out of the contract and tried to return it the next morning and was told there was no way and didn't have a leg to stand on.Sure is funny how nice they were to her before the purchase,then 12 hrs later they couldn't do anything to help.In fact they threatend to call the cops and told her if she left the vehicle there it would be impounded and she'd be out more money.Can anything be done?Thank you for any input.

Hamhawk714 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Ca.Yesterday a friend of mine purchased a used car.When she got home she realized the carfax report furnished by the dealership was for a pickup not the suv she bought.She was led to believe the suv was a 2000 per thecarfax report, when actually it was a 1999.In short she wants out of the contract and tried to return it the next morning and was told there was no way and didn't have a leg to stand on.Sure is funny how nice they were to her before the purchase,then 12 hrs later they couldn't do anything to help.In fact they threatend to call the cops and told her if she left the vehicle there it would be impounded and she'd be out more money.Can anything be done?Thank you for any input.
It's possible that that dealership may not have known. Carfax's are nice but they aren't contracts. The true way of finding out how old a car is, is by checking out the vin#. Does the contract state that the vehicle is a 2000?

Who's Liable?

It doesn't matter what the CarFAX report states... All information reported on a carfax is voluntarily given by DMVs, Insurance CO., etc... So essentially a CarFAX report is worthless really... You should've gone with the VIN number... You can try reporting them to the BBB but I doubt that will help much...

flufferious

Carfax Fraud by Dealer

My State : NY
County Where Vehicle Purchased: Queens County
Date: May 2004

I bought a car from a used car dealer. At the time of purchase he showed me a
clean carfax which my father and I looked over very carefully. The carfax stated that there were no accidents, etc.

I went to purchase a vehicle yesterday and when the carfax was run on my car, there was an accident (frame damage) reported on it in 2003.

What can I do? Is there anyway I can get my money back?

teflon_jones

flufferious said:
My State : NY
County Where Vehicle Purchased: Queens County
Date: May 2004

I bought a car from a used car dealer. At the time of purchase he showed me a
clean carfax which my father and I looked over very carefully. The carfax stated that there were no accidents, etc.

I went to purchase a vehicle yesterday and when the carfax was run on my car, there was an accident (frame damage) reported on it in 2003.

What can I do? Is there anyway I can get my money back?
What you can do is start your own thread and then you'll get answers. Don't hijack other people's threads. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">