• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrong vin# on title

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Deborah35

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? S.C. I bought a used truck and the seller gave me wrong title to take to DMV and to tax office for registration, so is tag wrong,I asked for my money back but seller refuses to do anything.what are my options?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? S.C. I bought a used truck and the seller gave me wrong title to take to DMV and to tax office for registration, so is tag wrong,I asked for my money back but seller refuses to do anything.what are my options?
How did you go through all the steps necessary for registering your new vehicle without realizing you had the wrong title? :confused:

Go back to the seller and ask for the correct title. As the seller to reimburse you for the cost to fix the problem (you're not going to get your money back for the vehicle because of this).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">