• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accused of stealing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

toffelt

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota

There is a family member that is accusing me, and my 13 year old son of stealing from her. She already accused a family friend of stealing her jewelry about 6 months ago. Called the police on him, and then found the jewelry about a week later. Now she is accusing my son and I of stealing two souvenir spoons, a magnifying glass, and some items she can't remember from her. There is no way we could have done this to her. She is now calling everyone she knows, including my entire family 4 to 5 times a day to accuse us of this, and they they are getting tired of it. Is there anything I can do to stop her from doing this to my son and I. It is causing the family to distance themselves from us cause they don't want her to harass them even more, and I'm afraid it will hurt us in other ways in the long run. Not to mention my 13yr. old son doesn't need to know people can say and do what they wish and the victims are helpless.

swalsh411

She sounds crazy. Have you thought about getting a lawyer to write her a very strongly worded letter to stop?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">