• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bad Karma

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AbmT

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CALast week me and a friend went to a private club "Club Karma". Friday nights are of a mixed sexual
orientation (Straight and Gay). I was dressed to meet the "dress code" of this establishment.
After standing in line AND being bypassed by those in line behind me, I kindly asked if there was a problem. The doorman explained that the prior people let in were on the VIP list and then joked "short gay people with non sensible shoes were not being admitted".
As I continued to wait I could hear the house music from within, inpatient the music pulsed in me and took control that "Boom Boom Thud" I felt it. And started to move as if I were one with the music.
The doorman then told me to leave. I have never felt so small.

Can I sue the private club? For discrimination/Harassement
It is not nice when people pick on you.
-Thanking you in advance-

AbmT:mad:

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CALast week me and a friend went to a private club "Club Karma". Friday nights are of a mixed sexual
orientation (Straight and Gay). I was dressed to meet the "dress code" of this establishment.
After standing in line AND being bypassed by those in line behind me, I kindly asked if there was a problem. The doorman explained that the prior people let in were on the VIP list and then joked "short gay people with non sensible shoes were not being admitted".
As I continued to wait I could hear the house music from within, inpatient the music pulsed in me and took control that "Boom Boom Thud" I felt it. And started to move as if I were one with the music.
The doorman then told me to leave. I have never felt so small.

Can I sue the private club? For discrimination/Harassement
It is not nice when people pick on you.
-Thanking you in advance-

AbmT:mad:

Yes, you can sue. Absolutely. In this country anyone can sue just about anyone else for just about anything.

Will you be successful?

I'm 99.9999% certain the answer would be "NO".

Have a fabulous evening.

quincy

Ah, dear, AbmT. I can't tell you how often that very same thing has happened to me. It's the "Boom Boom Thud." Sometimes you just have to dance.

I think the best advice is, not to sue but, to ditch the Manolo Blahnik's and invest in a good solid pair of Oxfords.

Lotsa luck.

cyjeff

If that had been ME dancing, an EMT would have shown up with paddles, adrenaline and a very worried expression.

From a legal standpoint, nope, nothing to be done. There have actually been a couple of cases that address this, but none as you describe.

KingFahad

If its good "Boom Boom Thud" you pursue (LOL) try THE GREEN DOOR in L.A.
Its a straight club.
You have no case re: the doorman/"Club Karma".
Happy Dancing...:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">