• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Blackmail

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrmike33

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

Hello,

I posted here once before but I need some more advice. Thank you to everyone who helped me before. I met someone last year who I began talking to a lot. I sent her a few things that I would like to be kept private. She is now threatening to do things to me that i don't want such as, raping me, prostitution and other very bad things. She has said that if I don't comply by sept 15th she will begin spreading these videos to my school, my family and over the internet. I did give her these videos but she surely can't use them this way right? Also, rape and prostitution are both against the law. She says she wants to make money on me. I don't know what to do right now. I mean its an embarrassing situation and I would rather not have a huge case made of it but I have to do something. Also, some of these videos I sent her because she told me if I didn't make them she would show everyone. Please help.

Last edited:

mrmike33

Should I go to the police station near her, near where I go to school or near where my legal residence is?

quincy

Any of the above would work.

You may wish to go to the largest and best equipped station or to the state police post nearest and/or most convenient to you.

mrmike33

Thank you.....

I am just scared to make this an issue because I feel the consequences can be worse than if I just left it alone.

quincy

I am not sure how the consequences of taking this information to the police could be worse than what you face should you NOT take the information to the police. If you feel you are in physical danger, and you are afraid, let the police know this.

A restraining order, while not a cure-all by any means, could help keep this person away from you and from having any contact with you. Should she violate this order, she could be arrested and jailed.

This is a matter for the police.

Yertle8

From what you've said it seems to me that you've gotten involved with one of the many 'money slave' sites all over the internet.

1. Participating in these sites is dumb. If you have these types of desires, I'd highly suggest passive observation - don't send gifts/money/videos of yourself.

2. As it may seem real to you, since she is threatening to take this out of the realm of secret desires and into the open for people in your real life to see, I can understand you being scared. However, it's very unlikely that she's going to send anything to anyone. She gains nothing from that. She's threatening you as part of a fantasy to string you along and get more gifts/$$$ because you've no doubt sent them in the past.

I can't tell you what you're legal options are, but if I were you and this thing went in a direction I didn't like, as it seems to have, I would just stop responding to her. I doubt anything would happen.

But of course, you can go to the police if you're worried, just consider this:

The girls know that blackmail is illegal. As long as it is just something they say, and don't follow through with, they have the deniability of claiming that it is just a fantasy that you both engage in - and in most cases that is what it is. Once they start sending the videos out they lose that deniability.

Good luck, I'd be more wary in the future.

quincy

I am so glad you asked that question, Veronica. I was beginning to think that I was the only one not to have heard of money-slaves or money-slave sites before. :)

Yertle8

lol, I'd post a link but I'm sure it would get removed.

It's basically a site a girl sets up with videos and pictures of herself and a mission statement of what the site is about, which is catering to men with humiliation fetishes. Men send them gifts and cash and things they demand (such as videos) which fulfills the mens' desires and is in turn payment for the girl hosting the site.

A common theme in them is the threat of forced prostitution of the men to 'make money' for the site host, which the OP mentioned. It's a theme pretty unique to those types of sites. :p

Yertle8

I consider myself a scholar of the internet, I'm fascinated by these underground sub-cultures that have formed around themes like these with the advent of anonymous communication. People who grew up thinking that they were the only ones with a certain ' aspect' finding out that no, there are thousands of others out there.

There are sites for people who are sexually aroused by touching inflated balloons. Like the kind at a birthday party. :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">