• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

blackmail or not?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nataly007

Hello there. I am from Russia and I had a bad luck with a person from Canada, so wanted to ask your advice.
I was chatting by Skype with a person a lot, after some time decided to stop and had to block this person in all social networks and Skype.
After 3 months that person wrote me again (over 100 messages in different accounts) and after I asked to stop contacting me it appeared that most of my conversation by Skype were recorded as a video. I've said lots of private things and felt relaxed, there were no sex videos, but as far as usually I behave very properly, there were some videos made while I was drunk (I can't really know what is on those videos, I saw only dates on previews)/
After that the person finally agreed to "say goodbye forever, but before there was made a special fake account with a picture showing that there was a video uploaded on some service (not youtube).
I don't know if it was published, but I feel really uncomfortable with that.
Is there anything I can do to prevent videos appear in internet?
I feel disoriented and this is the first time I've met such a situation.
Hope you can help.
P.S. I know this person's address as we were sending gifts to each other 6 months ago (but we weren't talking for 3 months).

quincy

Hello there. I am from Russia and I had a bad luck with a person from Canada, so wanted to ask your advice.
I was chatting by Skype with a person a lot, after some time decided to stop and had to block this person in all social networks and Skype.
After 3 months that person wrote me again (over 100 messages in different accounts) and after I asked to stop contacting me it appeared that most of my conversation by Skype were recorded as a video. I've said lots of private things and felt relaxed, there were no sex videos, but as far as usually I behave very properly, there were some videos made while I was drunk (I can't really know what is on those videos, I saw only dates on previews)/
After that the person finally agreed to "say goodbye forever, but before there was made a special fake account with a picture showing that there was a video uploaded on some service (not youtube).
I don't know if it was published, but I feel really uncomfortable with that.
Is there anything I can do to prevent videos appear in internet?
I feel disoriented and this is the first time I've met such a situation.
Hope you can help.
P.S. I know this person's address as we were sending gifts to each other 6 months ago (but we weren't talking for 3 months).
We do not handle legal questions from Russia and only rarely do we handle legal questions from Canada. This is a site devoted to US law questions and legal concerns only.

Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">