• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Blog Slander and Defamation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eekamouse

Information in this thread is incorrect. It doesn't cost twenty thousand dollars to sue a person for slander and defamation. I wish people would study the law and cite their legal sources before they state falsehoods in a public platform.
OK I'll bite. How much do you think it costs to sue or should I say successfully sue someone for slander and defamation?

quincy

Information in this thread is incorrect. It doesn't cost twenty thousand dollars to sue a person for slander and defamation. I wish people would study the law and cite their legal sources before they state falsehoods in a public platform.
Please read the information and the several links I provided earlier, Razzbo. The information provided in this thread, as you yourself said, is "good information indeed."

The statistics from the Media Law Resource Center*, compiled as they are from real life defamation cases gathered throughout the country, are more accurate as to average costs than your guesses.

Because we do not appreciate posters who come to this site to state falsehoods, from now on please leave the legal advice and information to those who actually know what they are talking about. Thank you.

*Here is direct link to the Media Law Resource Center: http://www.medialaw.org/about-mlrc

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">