• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

BNP Media of Troy Michigan allows verbal and personal harrasment on thier website

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

floorman

What is the name of your state? Indiana

How can a website allow this.
This behavior has gone on for over two years.
Many times the Publishers have been contacted but they do nothing.
The offending party harrasses unabated with vile filty verbal personal attacks.
He is a manager of flooring supply shop that uses thier advertisng so he thinks he can get away with anything, and he does!
How can this be stopped?

floorman

http://www.i-boards.com/bnp/fci/
Here is the address The offending partys name is xxxxxxxx.
The boards have no mods and the publishers dont have time to mod, the board gets hacked all the time. This one guy offends as many people as he can with personal attacks and has been doing it for years unabated.
What is a action of recourse?.

Last edited:

quincy

BNP Media

BNP Media is an information resource firm for trade industries. The I-Board for floorcovering is one of many I-Boards available, one for each of the different trades represented by BNP Media. The web address you provided DOES have a forum and, like most forums, there are morons on it who post moronic things. If you would like to give us an example of this fellow's postings, and why they are upsetting you so much, it might be easier to judge whether anything in his postings is actionable. Opinions are protected speech, however, and if he is just spouting off on his likes and dislikes about certain floorcoverings or certain floormen, your best bet is to take The Occulist's advice and stop going to the site. You can't get upset about what someone wrote if you don't read it.

Last edited:

floorman

To the Occult : When you ask for more information and I had given what I though was nes. I gave you more.I never expected you to go to the site and I wondered why you want more information. Your arrogance is curious.I have wandered through this forum and found most of your post to to be obnoxious.
Is there no polite behavior left in humanity? If not, all is lost!

Quincy:
The site in question is an invaulable tool for the flooring trade. You can find literate quality installers nationwide. I sell top quality floors on ebay(ethernet floors&walls) and on personal website,at times my customers request referalls for installers in thier area.The board offers this,there are few like it.
Last year a ran a flooring test for a national selling product and showed my results on the site so the installer base could be informed. This one rouge person trashed the thread insulted the manufacture and me and insulted the clients I had looking in.
Needless to say I have not run a factory test there again and never will as long as this guy is posting.
I have written articles for the magazine that sponsers the boards, it is hard to leave without a fight.I have left for months at a time but when the time for article is due I come back. This time to find installers, or promote my ideas for a new article.
I found my installer! But I cannot post my new findings for the next article with this banter going on.

For now,I have withdrawn my next article due to the hostile environment , now think about this. I would have got paid for my article.
He has effectivly hinderd my ability to make money.Is this libel or slander?

Do you know how hard it is for a writer to resubmit an article after they have pulled it? Most writers would know this.

The poster in question works for a supply shop that advertises in the mag.
They will randomly admonish him but for fear of losing thier contacts they will not ban him He stops for a few weeks then he is back at again in full force.

The has to be a positive recourse that will give a equitable conclusion.
I just recieved an email from the publisher offering an apology ,that is nice, he was very polite, but it has to STOP.
I have four different apologies from thier staff over the last three years already.

Advise:

Last edited:

The Occultist

More information means for you to tell me just what he is doing. To say that he is "harassing" others is pretty darned vague. Just what is he doing or saying? Is he sharing his opinions or perspectives that shine a negative light on you in some manner? If so, I'm afraid there is nothing wrong with that as he is protected by the First Amendment.
Is he stating blatant lies as fact that shine a negative light on you? If so, is this causing you damages? Are these lies somehow responsible for you losing money (besides your CHOICE to not submit an article you would have gotten paid for)? If this is the case, then by all means, set aside 30k dollars and the next 3 years to take him to court. I'm sure you'll find it's simply not worth the hassle.

As I asked earlier, you need to provide more details about what exactly he is doing, and how, exactly, this is affecting you.

quincy

You know, Floorman, I cannot see anything in that guy's postings that could be considered libelous. The worst I saw was his use of the word "baloney" a couple of times. Admittedly, I only glanced through the posts quickly, so if you have an actual example of what you consider libelous, it would be helpful if you let us see it.
Defamation is communication (written or verbal) which exposes a person to contempt, ridicule or hatred, or causes him to be shunned, or damages him in his job. It is pretty strong stuff. And The Occulist is right that your deciding not to publish an article is not really "injury", because YOU are choosing not to publish it. BNP is not preventing you from publishing.
Libel suits are difficult to win, and expensive to bring, and time consuming. I am not seeing a libel suit here that you could win.

floorman

You did not read far enough. But, I thank you for your input.
I understand how hard it could be to prove. I just am trying to figure out how to stop it.
I may have to just take my business elsewhere.
It is a sad day when there is no defense for this kind of bullying.

Many of his attacks implied I am incompetent and my services should not trusted.
I have 25 years in this trade.I know what I am doing.
I guess it is OK to discredit someone you have never met.

When there is over 4,000 posts finding the ones with slanderous content can be a challange.
He offended me so much I have lost count.

What about the hostile environment issue?

These are just a few.
There are many, many more in the database with a little stronger wording.
I have never met this guy nor do I want to.

Last edited:

quincy

This guy really doesn't sound like the most pleasant of people, I agree, but, again, what he is writing could be considered "opinion" and not libel. While he is attacking, perhaps, your integrity or your character , the forum allows you the opportunity to respond and challenge his comments.
Generally-speaking, the blow-hards of the world are recognized by everyone as blow-hards (except possibly by the blow-hard himself....and his mother), so if I were you, I would not lower myself to his level.
Ignore him and his rantings and go ahead and publish.

floorman

Very good, Quincy. I thank you for your input.

Sometimes just to have anothers opinion is motivation for change.
You are a boon to this board.
I have already offered the article back,(I hope they accept it now.)
Anger and frustration is double edge sword. It cuts coming and going.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">