• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Board of directors, Libel / Slander / Defamation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ANDREW BUTTON

California,
Hi, thanks for reading and your opinion helps, I bought into a rural country neighborhood development, built two big custom homes became wealthy due to sweat equity. We maintained and ran the community water system, and served on the board as president and my wife as treasurer for the share holders, (14) for 5 years. We never had a problem or made a move without everybody in the neighborhood getting to vote and giving consent, two signer checks the whole deal done the right way, we just followed California water law to the T. I learned more about the water system than anybody in the community due to the personal interest in the water system and lack thereof by the majority of the community, (4 kids and a wife consuming the water), 14 lot owners and 7 houses built out, 2 are mine. One of the land owners built their home and moved into the neighbor hood two years ago. They got together with a few of the other non resident lot owners and wanted to take control of the Board, we eagerly handed it over to them. Then we discovered the nasty jealousy they possessed. We discovered that they stepped in the middle of other land acquisitions we were working on in the neighbor hood behind our backs. They started a character assassination E mail campaign aimed at the neighborhood news group stating theft of funds, mismanagement of water company and lots of nasty personal attacks repeatedly toward me and my wife in order to justify there plot to raise rates. Some like to tax and spend and some don't, we don't. These actions were followed by a 300% unnecessary increase in water usage fees,with no change in service, Etc, Etc, Etc. All illegal according to Ca Corp Water Law. The water co. is insured for 1 mill to cover negligence and liability by the board and there actions. All this is documented and was sent by e mail to the neighbor news group repeatedly over the last 20 months (fools), the final straw was the wildfires and the new round of slander saying I had the nerve to say, I saved everyones homes to the news papers, (never did) among other things. I was only concerned and equipped to save mine. Do to all of thier actions, we felt that we had to and have since, abandoned our 2 custom homes that we hand built over 8 years, due to my wife's and mine refusal and inability to tolerate any more mental abuse by these *******s. We tried to sell our homes and found these neighbors dirty hands on the destruction of that realestate transaction as well. We have since moved and abandoned our homes at an enormous cost due to the fact that we are tired of being abused and right, and have chosen to be what we moved up there for in the first place, to be happy but renting somewhere else, we left. The facts are well documented through corporate records, there was never any theft we are good people and both of us come from professional backgrounds, many neighbors have begged us to return, we will not and the same nasty board has set their guns on another neighbor harassing her with tons of the same demoralizing crap and mental abuse used on us but even more agressive..
There is big money here, they (the board) are insured, they own assets, they trash CA Water Law and any logical behavior, one runs around with a gun on his hip, one runs aruond in his SD county issued ranger uniform with his badge enforcing thier water authority, they will cut your water line and they do, and it is all well documented. If I could just get the right legal help, I can tell the story, my neighbors can tell the story, I have witnesses I have everything well documented, I have been significantly financially and emotionally damaged.
Sincerely,
Andrew Button

quincy

Hmmm. This is interesting, but you have posed no legal question here to answer. Therefore, I suggest you take all of this evidence you have compiled to an attorney in California for review. There may be several different actions you could take, certainly several different avenues to explore.

It depends, really, on what you want to do, how much money you want to invest in doing it, and what the attorney you contact says your chances of doing it all and winning will be.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">