• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bounty Hunters or Just Trouble Makers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mightychel

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oklahoma
My son had co-signed on a bond. That person never went back to court, well the bounty hunters hunted them and found them. After taking them into custody they went back to the office instead of the jail. While at the office the bounty hunter said that they got there tip from the co-signer and his girlfriend and that they was paid $500 each. Which is a lie my son never told them anything because first of all he didn't know anything. Since then my son and his girlfriend have got beat up, and his grandmother and I got injured. I tried to call the bounty hunter which of coarse he denied ever saying it but I have several witnesses that heard him. Is there anything that we can do so my son can come home and not worry about someone beating him up again.

mightychel

Call the police???

Call the police.
Call the police? Then what? We don't know who did this all we know is that the bounty hunter is the one who has used my son's name as his informant, and that is why he got beat up! Call the police and he will probably be in even more danger. My son is not an informant all he was was a co-signer!! Using my son's name is what has caused all the problems where we have to watch over our shoulders every minute of every day.

quincy

Call the police and tell them about the bounty hunter. The police can handle it from there.

What exactly do you WANT to do about it? Sue the bounty hunter for defamation???

justalayman

I would have to guess the co-signers got beat up by friends of the crook that is now setting his ass in jail.

Sounds like your son co-signed for some people he probably shouldn't have.

Using my son's name is what has caused all the problems where we have to watch over our shoulders every minute of every day.
No, your son co-signing for somebody that should have just sat in jail is that caused all the problems.

If he or you are not willing to turn in the people beating them up, he deals with things as he is. What do you expect anybody to do for you? We hire a security force specifically to deal with this type of thing. They are called the police.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">