• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I do anything about this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmmeRose

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota

My friend's ex-wife won't stop. We were friends for a little while and I sent her emails about my family when I was in a fight with them. That was way back in August. She has been writing on her Facebook about how much she hates me and she hates my friend. She just got a hold of my parent's phone number and called them, forwarding all of my private messages between both her and I and my friend, (her ex-husband) and her. She is trying to ruin my life. My parents called me saying how horrible of a daughter I am that I wrote those things.
I am emotionally distressed over this. I don't know what my parents think of me.
She thinks she's won this whole thing by getting my parents mad at me but I want to know if I can do anything legally against her for publishing private emails and writing very hurtful things on her facebook. Her latest thing on Facebook was that she said she was going to give everyone my address and phone number so they can "get me."
I can give more details if needed. Just what does everyone think I can do about this situation?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota

My friend's ex-wife won't stop. We were friends for a little while and I sent her emails about my family when I was in a fight with them. That was way back in August. She has been writing on her Facebook about how much she hates me and she hates my friend. She just got a hold of my parent's phone number and called them, forwarding all of my private messages between both her and I and my friend, (her ex-husband) and her. She is trying to ruin my life. My parents called me saying how horrible of a daughter I am that I wrote those things.
I am emotionally distressed over this. I don't know what my parents think of me.
She thinks she's won this whole thing by getting my parents mad at me but I want to know if I can do anything legally against her for publishing private emails and writing very hurtful things on her facebook. Her latest thing on Facebook was that she said she was going to give everyone my address and phone number so they can "get me."
I can give more details if needed. Just what does everyone think I can do about this situation?
Forwarding your own words to your parents is not illegal. My suggestion is go distance yourself from the drama and Facebook.

EmmeRose

There is no way to get away from the drama but thanks for that suggestion. She is just trying to dig deeper and deeper into my life. There has to be a way to stop her. I haven't contacted her since October! I don't know what set her up to send all of my emails to my parents just to let off a bomb. My parents are threatening to take away my car and my apartment (they are paying for them both). They do have that right I know but it's because of stupid emails sent way last August.
She just up and sent all my emails and all of her ex's emails to my parents to get them mad and they are. She is jealous of the fact that her ex lives here near me. She wants him back and she thinks I'm keeping him here which isn't true. We just go to college together. She has gotten my parents to hate him and she is getting my parents to hate me.

Silverplum

There is no way to get away from the drama but thanks for that suggestion.
Can't turn off facebook?

EmmeRose said:
She is just trying to dig deeper and deeper into my life. There has to be a way to stop her. I haven't contacted her since October! I don't know what set her up to send all of my emails to my parents just to let off a bomb. My parents are threatening to take away my car and my apartment (they are paying for them both). They do have that right I know but it's because of stupid emails sent way last August.
She just up and sent all my emails and all of her ex's emails to my parents to get them mad and they are. She is jealous of the fact that her ex lives here near me. She wants him back and she thinks I'm keeping him here which isn't true. We just go to college together. She has gotten my parents to hate him and she is getting my parents to hate me.
Good lesson to learn: don't put anything in writing.
Another: be independent.

EmmeRose

How do I turn off facebook when she is physically calling my parents? They live overseas, she knows this but she doesn't care. She has called them at least four times at 2am their time just to let them know about something I have done.

Yeah, I'm not putting anything in writing anymore, I haven't contacted her since October through emails, facebook, calls, anything.

So there is nothing legal that can be done to get her to stop ruining my life.
Thank you for your time.

Silverplum

How do I turn off facebook when she is physically calling my parents?
Clearly, the two are not the very same. Turn off facebook.

996ttelise said:
They live overseas, she knows this but she doesn't care. She has called them at least four times at 2am their time just to let them know about something I have done.
That's their problem. They can turn the phone off, they can decide to speak to her or not, listen to her or not, believe her or not.

996ttelise said:
Yeah, I'm not putting anything in writing anymore, I haven't contacted her since October through emails, facebook, calls, anything.

So there is nothing legal that can be done to get her to stop ruining my life.
Thank you for your time.

quincy

Oh dear. Our newest forum attorney seems to be inserting himself into threads in the strangest of ways.

:)

Proserpina

Actually, the quotes are not 996ttelise's, but are quotes from EmmeRose's post.

Puzzling.

They're missing the little blue quotey thingy , aren't they?

Puzzling indeed! Where did 996ttelise's name come from? :confused:

AFAIK, 996ttelise has been vetted and welcomed....this is quite odd!

I think we need pudding.

ENASNI

yup

They're missing the little blue quotey thingy , aren't they?

Puzzling indeed! Where did 996ttelise's name come from? :confused:

AFAIK, 996ttelise has been vetted and welcomed....this is quite odd!

I think we need pudding.
Yup we all need pudding... but I can't seem to get of Facebook to make some!!! Asking my dog to get neighbor to do it. (make pudding that is)

Oh, Dog not responding. Sorry.

Last edited:

quincy

Oops. I deleted the post of mine that you quoted, Proserpina. Sorry. Maybe you can do some creative quoting of your own and find for it a substitute name. :)

Pudding would be nice, but I think tonight I need a Scotch.

And, yes, I do believe 996 really is an attorney (and not a SuperLitigator ;)).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">