+ Reply to Thread
    dr. who is offline Junior Member

can i sue the state?????

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ga
    can i sue the state of ga for defamation of character for for arressting me and input the information into the thier systems wrong, for example being charge a felony for a misdeameanor crime (making it difficult to find employment and such)...and not clearing the information after couple of years and after numerous attempts to have the situation corrected and expunged and cleared off my records after having the case dismissed...
    seniorjudge is offline Senior Member
    No

Google sovereign immunity
    There are two rules for success:

(1) Never tell everything you know.

still not satified

Quote Originally Posted by seniorjudge View Post
    No

Google sovereign immunity
    Generally speaking it is the doctrine that the sovereign or state cannot commit a legal wrong and is immune from civil suit or criminal prosecution; hence the saying, the king (or queen) can do no wrong. In many cases, the government has waived this immunity to allow for suits; in some cases, an individual, such as an attorney general, may technically appear as defendant on the state's behalf.
    wikipedia
    Zigner is offline Senior Member
    Yeah - Wikipedia is the place to get your legal information from.
    quincy is offline Senior Member
    dr. who -

What you will need to do to correct the misinformation on your criminal history record is contact the appropriate law enforcement agency or criminal justice agency that handled your case. This agency must submit a written request to the Georgia Crime Information Center, a part of the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, to have changes made to your record.

The agency must submit, on their official letterhead, your full name, your date of birth, your social security number, your race, your sex, your date of arrest, or your state identification number (SID) and date of arrest, or your Offender Tracking Number (OTN) for your date of arrest - and this information needs to be sent along with the requested changes in your record.

But you are unable to make changes to your criminal history record on your own. You need the proper documentation submitted by the proper agency.

For more information on making corrections, you can call the Georgia Crime Information Center's Helpline at 404-244-2639.

There is no defamation action you can bring against the state in the situation you have described here. Sorry.

Post still not satisfied

In law, defamation (also called calumny, libel, slander, and vilification) is the communication of a statement that makes a false claim, expressly stated or implied to be factual, that may give an individual, business, product, group, government or nation a negative image
    wikipedia

Post yo quincy

i've been thru the process, after numerous attempts with my arressting agency and after 7years finally getting results, imagine being classified as felon tryna be a doctor or judge, not happening, now try eight years later and can i say once again, where's my restitution
    I know, dr. who, that the information revealed in your criminal history record is false and that your reputation may have been injured by this misinformation. That is why it is important that you contact the proper authorities and have the information corrected.

Although it may not seem right, not all defamatory communications can result in a defamation action. That is just the reality. You cannot bring a defamation action against the state of Georgia. Sorry.

Okay, I just read your last post. You are right that eight years is much too long to wait for a correction to be made and I can understand how frustrating it must have been to lose employment due to erroneous information showing up on your records. If, after working so long on making changes, it looks like corrections are finally being made, that, at least, is positive. Hopefully the changes once made will eliminate hiring problems in the future.

You, however, can STILL not sue Georgia for this.
    Last edited by quincy; 08-19-2008 at 04:24 PM.
    Wayst Past is offline Junior Member

You may

sue Pro se for defamation or false imprisonment against the state through preemptive writ of mandamus, compiled with subpoenas for all involved agents, set to show an exact method of fact by the state for strict liability if the offense is willful.

If everyone on here is too scared to take on the state then I fear for this country.
    . . . and, of course, the above posted information is nonsense. Nice try, though, Wayst.