• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I sue a website for slanderous postings?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

b.stagner0001

I am wanting to know if it is possible to sue a website for not removing a forum that has continuous postings of slanderous comments being made about me? I have requested that the website remove the forum 2 times now, as well as informing them that the postings are going against their terms of service agreement. I have asked them one more time to remove the forum, and I was wanting to know if I would have any legal basis to take them to court. Also if it was possible to find out who the people are that are posting these comments and take them to court as well. I do not want money, I just want them held accountable for their actions. All comments are appreciated.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Proserpina

I am wanting to know if it is possible to sue a website for not removing a forum that has continuous postings of slanderous comments being made about me? I have requested that the website remove the forum 2 times now, as well as informing them that the postings are going against their terms of service agreement. I have asked them one more time to remove the forum, and I was wanting to know if I would have any legal basis to take them to court. Also if it was possible to find out who the people are that are posting these comments and take them to court as well. I do not want money, I just want them held accountable for their actions. All comments are appreciated.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Suing for defamation is an intensely stressful and expensive act. Can you afford to spend $20-30k and several years of your life in order to not get a return? you may seriously wish to rethink the idea.

Now, what exactly is being said? It does matter.

HomeGuru

**A: why can't you follow posting instructions?

b.stagner0001

Suing for defamation is an intensely stressful and expensive act. Can you afford to spend $20-30k and several years of your life in order to not get a return? you may seriously wish to rethink the idea.

Now, what exactly is being said? It does matter.
Basically, the forum was started by someone that said they were family. It was started to ask for prayers as I am dealing with some health issues. I asked who this person was and I found out that we don't even have a person with this name in my family. They are telling the world that I am a horrible person. That I am a liar and that I have been engaged to every man I have been with as well as married to one that was old enough to be my father. They are also making comments about how I am making all of this up and that I am saying I am sick just to get money from my parents. Then people make crude remarks about how they want to know who my "daddy" is so they can get some money. I just really don't know what to do. I have a child to think about and my family to think about.

Proserpina

Basically, the forum was started by someone that said they were family. It was started to ask for prayers as I am dealing with some health issues. I asked who this person was and I found out that we don't even have a person with this name in my family. They are telling the world that I am a horrible person. That I am a liar and that I have been engaged to every man I have been with as well as married to one that was old enough to be my father. They are also making comments about how I am making all of this up and that I am saying I am sick just to get money from my parents. Then people make crude remarks about how they want to know who my "daddy" is so they can get some money. I just really don't know what to do. I have a child to think about and my family to think about.

You have no case.

Sorry.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">