• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can something be done to this officer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zeno

i'm in georgia I was sleeping and i heard my sister and dad arguing. i woke up then went in the living room she was hitting him i was trying to stop them because they were bumping against my computer and stuff my mom pulled me back the police came then talked to my sister he left before they came he's on drugs and wanted her keys she wouldn't give them to him. i'm bipolar and schizophrenic i told the police i didn't see anything since they woke me up i can hardly sleep already. i said he's not not coming back here if he does something is going to be done he's not coming back to our house if he does i'm calling the police i am tired of him doing drugs so one of the police said i would go to jail for premeditated murder how would i go to jail for that when i said nothing about killing someone or wasn't even involved in it and i can't plan anything in my sleep she didn't write it down but she did upset me more than i already am my sister talked to the supervisor and she she said she said that to scare me and she doesn't know about people with mental issues the supervisor knew though i tried to explain to the officer what it was and she claimed she already knew why would she do that when i already have so much going on with my problem and i could do something to myself i had nothing to do with the fight anyway i was asleep i told the other police that my mom told me what happened

Last edited:

quincy

I don't know why the officer said what she did to you, Zeno, but I doubt she was aware at the time how her comments could cause you extreme distress.

It sounds as if she was concerned for your family's safety and that she wanted to impress upon you the possible dangers you could face if you were to confront your dad. It sounds as if the officer wanted to ensure that you would call the police instead of trying to handle matters with your dad on your own. And it is important that you let the police handle your father, should there be another incident with him.

Whatever the reasons behind her comments, however, it does not sound like the facts of the incident as you describe them here could support any legal action against the officer. If the officer's comments continue to weigh heavy on your mind, you always have the option of reporting her to the police department and the agency will investigate her conduct.

Good luck to you and your family. I hope your dad finds help for his drug problem soon.

As an additional note: Below is a website you may wish to check out. There are numbers listed that you, your mom or your sister may want to use in the future, should your family situation become more difficult as a result of your dad's continued drug use.

http://www.aardvarc.org/dv/states/gadv.shtml

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">