• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can it be substaintial cause.probable cause to persue slander

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

majorseddie

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? .Tennessee.nashville...male age 50..managing home of 3 adults with physical minor disabilities.each on ssi income.i personally pay for the rental fee..electric service is my own.my home is nice inside,,new furniture whereas I have worked and paid in.no drugs.no alcohol.in my home.2 vehicles.1 paid for.1 still financed.for the last 2 years.i have supported these 3 other occupants in my home.i worked long hours,all verifiable.5 days.sometimes 6 to manage this home and keep everything stable when their ssi money was depleted..i recently departed for a period of 2 weeks to upper Kentucky to just get away from the stress ,drama etc.both vehicles went to upper Kentucky with me.felt unsafe leaving my no obligation mini van which is paid for here while I was gone..during my stay in upper Kentucky ,some items was given away ,some sold for pennies on the dollar same as.so therefore I returned to Nashville tn.was not able at that time to return 1 of my vehicles.i ,myself and 1 other female occupant in a house of 4 are the only 2 Tennessee licensed drivers in this residence.it was agreed day in advance to travel with me to upper Kentucky to drive back my other vehicle.it was understood prior.during her,and myself departure her boyfriend threw a fit and attempted to pull this female passenger from the my own car.domestic matter erupted.metro police was called out,,report taken,no arreset.yet I was advised by officer that took the report .of possible separation from each other..therefore by other males actions simply to go get my own vehicle with the only licensed driver I had here.i simply have avoided him,no communication etc.to avoid the drama..as of last night june 13,2016.messages are forwarded out threw text.facebook as I understand it,that i.the manager of this home,that has assisted.help these 3 safe.with food and shelter.threw parties that shall go unnamed that I have had improper actions with a female child.photos taken.setting in my lap etc..minor child has been asked has this ever occurred,,child resonds,,no it has not..any showing pictures from facebook of improper pictures? the child answers..no...to reach my point in this posting,it is all related to the previous event that occurred in my home a week or so prior.....is it possible to persue slander,,mental anguish.causes in this action towards me?

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? .Tennessee.nashville...male age 50..managing home of 3 adults with physical minor disabilities.each on ssi income.i personally pay for the rental fee..electric service is my own.my home is nice inside,,new furniture whereas I have worked and paid in.no drugs.no alcohol.in my home.2 vehicles.1 paid for.1 still financed.for the last 2 years.i have supported these 3 other occupants in my home.i worked long hours,all verifiable.5 days.sometimes 6 to manage this home and keep everything stable when their ssi money was depleted..i recently departed for a period of 2 weeks to upper Kentucky to just get away from the stress ,drama etc.both vehicles went to upper Kentucky with me.felt unsafe leaving my no obligation mini van which is paid for here while I was gone..during my stay in upper Kentucky ,some items was given away ,some sold for pennies on the dollar same as.so therefore I returned to Nashville tn.was not able at that time to return 1 of my vehicles.i ,myself and 1 other female occupant in a house of 4 are the only 2 Tennessee licensed drivers in this residence.it was agreed day in advance to travel with me to upper Kentucky to drive back my other vehicle.it was understood prior.during her,and myself departure her boyfriend threw a fit and attempted to pull this female passenger from the my own car.domestic matter erupted.metro police was called out,,report taken,no arreset.yet I was advised by officer that took the report .of possible separation from each other..therefore by other males actions simply to go get my own vehicle with the only licensed driver I had here.i simply have avoided him,no communication etc.to avoid the drama..as of last night june 13,2016.messages are forwarded out threw text.facebook as I understand it,that i.the manager of this home,that has assisted.help these 3 safe.with food and shelter.threw parties that shall go unnamed that I have had improper actions with a female child.photos taken.setting in my lap etc..minor child has been asked has this ever occurred,,child resonds,,no it has not..any showing pictures from facebook of improper pictures? the child answers..no...to reach my point in this posting,it is all related to the previous event that occurred in my home a week or so prior.....is it possible to persue slander,,mental anguish.causes in this action towards me?
Your post as written is a little difficult to follow but, if I understand you correctly, you have been accused through text messages and on Facebook of having improper relations with a child?

If this is what you are saying, you can take what has been published about you and seek out a personal review of the facts by an attorney in your area - this if you feel that your reputation has been severely harmed in your community by what has been published. With false accusations of child molestation, some reputational injury will be presumed.

Good luck.

Last edited:

LdiJ

Your post as written is a little difficult to follow but, if I understand you correctly, you have been accused through text messages and on Facebook of having improper relations with a child?

If this is what you are saying, you can take what has been published about you and seek out a personal review of the facts by an attorney in your area - this if you feel that your reputation has been severely harmed in your community by what has been published. With false accusations of child molestation, some reputational injury will be presumed.

Good luck.
I agree with this, but if the people who made the accusations are people on SSI, then they are judgment proof and you will not get an attorney to take the case, because even if you win, you won't be able to collect any money from them. SSI cannot be garnished. However, depending on what all they actually did (and sorry, it was not very clear to me at all) you might want to have a chat with the police to make sure that a crime was not committed.

quincy

I agree with this, but if the people who made the accusations are people on SSI, then they are judgment proof and you will not get an attorney to take the case, because even if you win, you won't be able to collect any money from them. SSI cannot be garnished. However, depending on what all they actually did (and sorry, it was not very clear to me at all) you might want to have a chat with the police to make sure that a crime was not committed.
It wasn't clear to me if the boyfriend (who I believe was the only one who published falsehoods about majorseddie?) was one of those living in majorseddie's house. I understood that the boyfriend lived elsewhere.

The police were already contacted at least once, coming out to the house on a domestic violence call. It also appears items belonging to majorseddie were taken and sold but I am not sure if the police were contacted about that. At any rate, it appears a report was made to the police for the domestic violence and no arrest was made. Yet. With the period placed where it was placed, I am not sure to which sentence the "yet" belongs.

I am not sure whose child was in the photos, or why the photos were taken, or when or where.

At any rate, there is a lot that is not clear in majorseddie's post. Perhaps he can sit down with an attorney in his area and the attorney can make sense of it all. Because majorseddie's last activity on this forum was on June 14, we may never get the clarification we need to understand his situation.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">