• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can we be sued for libel/slander/defamation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

billyjean

What is the name of your state? Alabama

We are a group of parents who want to call for our elementary school principle's resignation.
We want to mail a petition to all parents offering them the chance to sign. In this letter we want to list our complaints/grievances that we have with the school principal. Her name will be listed several times i.e.; Principal, Ms. Jane Doe failed to notify parents when their children's lives were threatened by 2 other children in the classroom. Principal, Ms. Jane Doe doesn't return phone calls and/or emails to parents....and so forth.
Can Ms. Jane Doe sue us for listing our grievances on this petition and sending it out for parents to sign? We will sign this petition from the parent group (Parents in touch) and will not list our personal information. We want the parents, and their children, who do sign the petition to be protected should this principal not resign or be replaced and are promising them that the principal will never see their signatures. Can this work? Do you have advise?

BillyJean

Last edited:

fairisfair

I have no comment to your post, however I would appreciate it, if you would remove what appears to be a reference to my moniker from your post.

Have you addressed your concerns regarding the principal and her actions with the school board. That should certainly be a step taken before any kind of petition is circulated.

billyjean

Sorry Fair is Fair!

Of course we all have addressed our concerns/issues with this principal. That is why we are calling for her resignation and taking this to the Superintendent. This principal seems to think that she is untouchable.

Last edited:

stephenk

First present your concerns to the Superintendent and/or the school board. if that fails then consider a petition for removal. However, you better be sure you are factual in your complaints.

Are you a majority of parents or just a vocal minority?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">