• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CDA Issues: Libel / removal of retraction by Internet Content Provider

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

themtnsvoice

Georgia

Topix LLC is an Internet Content Provider thathas a bunch of public forums. Someone posted libelously that I was a sex offender / child molester. I am having fits with the damn CDA. I've never seen such broad coverage protection before.

Immediately after anonymous poster posted the comments, I replied with a denial and a demand for retraction. When I reported it to Topix,and threatened to include them in action, they responded by removing my response to John Doe statements of libel, in which I denied the allegations, and demanded retractions via a process mandated by Georgia’s Retraction Statute (O.C.G.A. 51-5-11), confirmed by the courts to include internet communications (Mathis v. Cannon, 276 Ga. 16, 28; 2002) and thus violated Plaintiff’s right to pursue justice under state law.

I'm trying to work some sort of angle to nail Topix and hold them accountable. CDA allows them to edit or remove my posts, but does their removal of my demands for retraction violate any rights of mine to due procees, pursuit of justice, etc etc.

Maybe I am being stubborn, and should drop Topix from suit and just go after individual libeler, but Topix is just plain damn evil, and I can't stomach that they get to leave these comments up FOREVER, and I cannot nail them on something.

Any ideas?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

quincy

I suggest you stick to suing the person responsible for writing the libelous statements.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">