• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cease and Desist

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

themagainstme

I'm not even sure if this is the right place to put this but I guess if it's not someone can move it.

Here's my issue I got a C&D from the monster Fac*book. Now my guess is that it's from their lawyers. They allege that I was doing stuff on their site like using multiple fake accounts to drive traffic to my website and also that I was selling Fac*book accounts. Now here is what they are telling me to send them. They want copies of my Paypal or Moneybookers accounts.

A complete list of all Facebook UIS or email address for all Facebook profiles that you have created, sold, offered, or advertised for sale; and

· Complete payment records from PayPal, Google Checkout, Plimus, or any other payment service you used to accept payment for Facebook accounts you sold.
Now my understanding is that someone would need a subpoena to get this info. They also want me to reply and tell them I won't use their site, won't spam their site or anything like that. Can anyone give me advice on this please.

quincy

Do NOT provide ANY account or other information. See an attorney in your area.

My guess is that the cease and desist you received is a scam.

themagainstme

No it's not a scam. I'm not denying or admitting any actions I did. however my account was terminated and so were others who logged in from my computer. This is a valid C&D.

It is from Facebook reps. I know this is real. If I had money to go straight to a lawyer I would have.

:(

quincy

Okay. So you have good reason to believe that what you received is a legitimate C&D.

What U.S. state or what country do you reside in, themagainstme?

quincy

Well, as I see it, you have two choices. One is to comply with their demands and provide to them the information they seek. The other is to ignore their demands and see what happens.

Either way, you face criminal charges if you were involved in the activities alleged.

Because Facebook has been awarded millions in damages in the past against users who have done just what you are accused of doing (in one case in 2008, a federal court awarded Facebook $873 million), I think that you would be foolish not to seek the advice of an attorney in your area.

My advice is for you to beg or borrow money for an attorney from friends or family if necessary, but I strongly recommend that you do not try to handle this matter on your own.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">