• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cease & Desist Letter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

andytoffo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts

I have been working for the past year and a half for an Engineering company , in the UK and the Middle East, who are based in MA .

I am a UK passport holder living in Thailand . I finished working for this company at the end of 2009.

I have recently recieved a cease and desit warning letter, which I regard as libel and a defamation of my good character, regarding e-mails, electronic messages that this company has been receiving.
Is there anything I can do to protect my good name legally ?

Thanks for your time

Regards

ACT.

justalayman

for anything to be defamation, it has to be made public (even if it is only one person). That one person cannot be the person claiming defamation.

So, in other words, I can write a letter to you calling you anything I want and it isn't defamation because I have not sullied your name to any other party.

You have no case based on what you have presented.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">