• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Civil Warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Brenda Brown

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee

I am 61 yrs. old. My husband is on SS and does not work. I only work part-time to help pay bills.

I was served in 12/09 with a Civil Warrant and scheduled to appear in court on July 12, 2010.

This is for a Credit One Bank Credit Card issues in 2001. What do I need to do? Do I need to call the attorney's office and make arrangements for payment? Please Advise.

I had to get a copy of my 1994 discharge Bankruptcy papers form NARA and it was not listed on creditors.

After 9 years, what are my rights. Please give me some advice.

quincy

Brenda, your questions would best be asked in the Debt Collection section of the forum, although it is possible one of the experts from there may wander over to Defamation to reply.

I strongly suggest, however, that before you speak with the attorney for the debt collection agency and offer to make any payment arrangements, you consult with an attorney of your own. Because money may be an issue, see if you can locate an attorney at a free legal aid clinic in your area to assist you.

Although the 2001 Credit One card was issued to you after your 1994 bankruptcy and, therefore, would not be covered under it, if you have not used the card or paid on the card balance for a number of years (the debt collection experts can tell you how many years), the statute of limitatons may have passed on collection.

Again, I recommend you re-post your question in the other section of the forum, or wait for the debt collection experts to locate your post here (DC visits with some frequency) and, most importantly, I recommend you consult with an attorney in your area to go over all of the facts of your situation well before your scheduled court date.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">