• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Comcast Cable & Collection Agency Reported false information

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jospin

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? New Jersey

Although I have recently moved to California, Comcast Cable in New Jersey reported me to a collection agency AFTER my account was paid in full. The collection agency (CMI) sent me a letter at the same time they reported me to the three credit bureaus. I called CMI and the rep called me a "Deadbeat, who doesn't pay her bills" and also, "if I paid my bills I wouldn't be in collections." He also said he was going to run my credit report to show that I "Stiff" all my creditors. The account was paid in full on 2-24-04. The collection agency reported a negative mark to the credit bureaus in May. I contacted Comcast who said they would contact CMI collection agency directly. As a result of this, I was turned down for an apartment and was humilated when I applied for it. I lost a great apartment at at FANTASTIC price because of this. What should I do?

K

Krystal23

Problem with CMI??

Hi...
I was actually online looking for a number to CMI and I found this site with your post. I just had a report run from Equifax and was a bit confused. I called Time Warner Cable, which is my local cable company. The lady I spoke with there said I did have some unpaid bills that they turned over to CMI....buuuut the totals that she gave me that I owed were way different that the totals on my credit report. I never even recieved a bill from CMI and I certainly do not think I should owe more than I do. I am now in the process of trying to find out what is going on. How is your problem turning out? I just wanted you to know you were not alone. :)

daybyday22001

Cmi/comcast Cable

I myslef have had it with CMI. I finally and getting my bills and credit together when what comes up as a negative mark but a CMI collection agency. CMI who was my question so I dug deeper and found out that it is really Comcast Culver City El Segundo. Now here is where it really hits the fan. They account was placed for collection in 2003. Well I know I never ever opened this account. How do I know this, well becuase I during this time was going throug a scary divorce and moved in with my mother who lives in Orange County. I really was not caring a thing about cable at this time plus mom had dish network. I didnt even live anywhere near el segundo or culver city. I lived only in two places which were Downey and Garden Grove. So now I am fighting with these idiots but when I asked for documents or something with an address to prove it. Their answers was a very rude we dont have to show you anything and you just owe it! I got really upset with the girl and said legally I have a right to see what I owe on paper and not their stupid print out with any proof. Then she said they didnt have any paperwork from Comcast but just a sheet saying I owe money...WHAT!!!! Do I sound stupid...becuase how can they go after someone without backup. If I dont get it I am taking legal action becuase I have also lost out on an apartment due to this company. Hang in there all.

outonbail

I myslef have had it with CMI. I finally and getting my bills and credit together when what comes up as a negative mark but a CMI collection agency. CMI who was my question so I dug deeper and found out that it is really Comcast Culver City El Segundo. Now here is where it really hits the fan. They account was placed for collection in 2003. Well I know I never ever opened this account. How do I know this, well becuase I during this time was going throug a scary divorce and moved in with my mother who lives in Orange County. I really was not caring a thing about cable at this time plus mom had dish network. I didnt even live anywhere near el segundo or culver city. I lived only in two places which were Downey and Garden Grove. So now I am fighting with these idiots but when I asked for documents or something with an address to prove it. Their answers was a very rude we dont have to show you anything and you just owe it! I got really upset with the girl and said legally I have a right to see what I owe on paper and not their stupid print out with any proof. Then she said they didnt have any paperwork from Comcast but just a sheet saying I owe money...WHAT!!!! Do I sound stupid...becuase how can they go after someone without backup. If I dont get it I am taking legal action becuase I have also lost out on an apartment due to this company. Hang in there all.

FYI, Your replying to comments that were posted in July of 2004.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">