• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Criminal codes?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ.
Where would a person find the criminal codes for there location so a person could see what they feel was a match for a violation against them?
I am not even sure if it would be called criminal codes,any advice appreciated.

BOR

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ.
Where would a person find the criminal codes for there location so a person could see what they feel was a match for a violation against them?
I am not even sure if it would be called criminal codes,any advice appreciated.
Online NJ statutes are hard to sift through. Try the Main branch of your city/county library.

What is the # cited? It could also be a Municipal Ordinance.

Hi

Thank you. Is there a name of a particular guide that I should look fro?
Will the title be something like nj municipal codes/statutes?

FlyingRon

Most of the crimes are in the Title 2C of the New Jersey statutes. That's what you want to check probably. You can find it on the state legislature site (New Jersey Legislature) click on the Statutes on the left side. It's a horrendous user interface.

Hi

Flying ron Thank you and I will check that site.
Banned princess. I thought this would be a slightly different topic as to how to find information on codes.. When something is reported to the police they are not always sure what code has been violated and they are much more inclined to help if it is very very easy for them and does not take up as much time. Sorry as I get more used to the site and its conduct I will better group my questions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">