• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

deadbeat dad sending harrassing texts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

carrie.glover28

:confused:What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

I have a question if anyone can help point me in the right direction. I have a 12 year old daughter and her father that hasnt been a part of her life pretty much the entire time has all the sudden started blowing up my phone with text messages saying nasty things and threatening me. I need to know legally what I can do. I have backed up all text messages and sent to my email. I want to change our numbers but I also dont want him to say I am keeping her from him. But she has also now asked to change her number because he has been rude to her and saying nasty things about me to her. I live in Virginia he lives in Florida our child support case is in Florida to we moved here bc my husband is in the Navy. :confused:

Antigone*

:confused:What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

I have a question if anyone can help point me in the right direction. I have a 12 year old daughter and her father that hasnt been a part of her life pretty much the entire time has all the sudden started blowing up my phone with text messages saying nasty things and threatening me. I need to know legally what I can do. I have backed up all text messages and sent to my email. I want to change our numbers but I also dont want him to say I am keeping her from him. But she has also now asked to change her number because he has been rude to her and saying nasty things about me to her. I live in Virginia he lives in Florida our child support case is in Florida to we moved here bc my husband is in the Navy. :confused:
Change your number, change her number. Send him a CRR letting him know that you did so and if he continues to behave in that manner, you will seek an order of protection for you and your daughter.

carrie.glover28

I have a landline but only thing is I know he will just call and call to be annoying when he realizes I changed our numbers. Could I have him email her or I could have her call him but block the number? Thing is I dont think she wants anything to do with him either its so sad I hate to see her have to go through this. I will send out a letter thanks for clarifying I thought thats what it was just wanted to verify =)

CSO286

I have a landline but only thing is I know he will just call and call to be annoying when he realizes I changed our numbers. Could I have him email her or I could have her call him but block the number? Thing is I dont think she wants anything to do with him either its so sad I hate to see her have to go through this. I will send out a letter thanks for clarifying I thought thats what it was just wanted to verify =)
Screen the calls.

Screen the emails.

remember that regardless of what your [mutual] daughter wants, he is still her father and has cetain legal rights.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">