• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Defamation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BJT41

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

I was falsely accused of shop lifting. I was told that I was on camera a few days ealier. I encourage the cashier to review the tapes and I called a police officer myself. I was totally humiliated. Is there anything I can legally to to this woman.

You Are Guilty

I was falsely accused of shop lifting. I was told that I was on camera a few days ealier. I encourage the cashier to review the tapes and I called a police officer myself. I was totally humiliated. Is there anything I can legally to to this woman.
If you truly want to get your revenge on her, propose.

antrc170

Unless you can show that the accusser was malicious in the accusation probably not. The accuser can claim that they were acting in good faith that the person on the camera was you.

Antigone*

Ummmmmm you called the cops on yourself.:confused: I'm with YAG ~ propose:cool:

swalsh411

Why in the world would you call the police for something you didn't do? I would just walk out and never shop there again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">